This summer Mozilla launching a web maker program as a part of “MOZILLA SUMMER CODE PARTY”.Mozilla Summer Code Party and Web Maker program mainly focus on the goal of making “WEB CONSUMERS into WEB MAKERS” through various types of events like Hack jam , Kitchen Table , Pop Up. To know more about Mozilla Summer Code Party click here .To learn about Mozilla Web Maker program click here.
I am one of the ReMo from Tamilnadu and one and only ReMo from Erode. There is not much exposure about Mozilla and FOSS in my Region. So, it’s time to take things seriously. I planned for Mozilla Summer Code Party in Erode starting on June 23 and goes on till Aug 30.
MOZILLA SUMMER CODE PARTY IN ERODE
Mozilla Summer Code Party Erode takes Mozilla into schools , colleges , computer centers in and around the Erode Region by a chain of Mozilla events starting June 23.This event will lay the foundation for the Mozilla Community Erode.Also, this event helps FOSS and Mozilla to reach persons of all ages and recruit new contributors for Tamil Localization team as well as other project areas. There is no Localization activities carried out for Mozilla activities in Tamil. As a SUMO locale leader , its time to recruit new contributors.
On June 23 rd , I planned to invite guys from various computer centers , Students , school principal’s etc.., I will be giving a small intro about Mozilla and it’s Mission most importantly about Web Maker Program . In the upcoming day’s I will be visiting schools , computer centers , colleges and give a free demo cum presentation about Mozilla and it’s products.To check out the event wiki page click here.
Activities Planned During Summer Code Party
- Making new young Generation of Web makers
- creating Awareness FOSS in my region
- Taking Mozilla to schools , colleges , computer centers in and around Erode
- Encouraging students to get signed up for Mozilla Student Reps Program
- Forming a Mozilla Tamil Localization team for SUMO , NEMO , etc..,
- Forming a Mozilla Community Erode as a unit of Mozilla India
- Creating awareness among people about Mozilla and it’s Mission
- Reaching Software companies and gathering feedback from them about Mozilla Products
- Giving free demo and presentation about Mozilla in various computer centers and ensure Mozilla and FOSS products reach everyone joining computer courses